Dragons Land
Dragons Land
Dragons Land
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragons Land

Clan Motto: Together in friendship we stand

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
Portal
Index
Memberlist
FAQ
Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Welcome Back- Niborthewise and VikingWomyn
I got hacked and almost lost everything Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 1:21 pm by Anubisblue

» Pony Thread
I got hacked and almost lost everything Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 8:30 am by Ai x Tan San

» Gone!
I got hacked and almost lost everything Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 12:54 am by Anubisblue

» If you are curious about the Googlebot(s) visiting our site...
I got hacked and almost lost everything Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:11 am by Sigmist

» Lines of authority and action
I got hacked and almost lost everything Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 10:57 am by MysticalJe

» Bogus Email
I got hacked and almost lost everything Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:12 pm by HeavensHell

» Article from Jagex about account security
I got hacked and almost lost everything Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 am by MysticalJe

» Excellent article about password & online security
I got hacked and almost lost everything Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 10:49 am by MysticalJe

» The ads on this site
I got hacked and almost lost everything Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:55 pm by MysticalJe

Clan Time GMT-5

I got hacked and almost lost everything

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mystical-bri

mystical-bri

Female Posts : 99

I got hacked and almost lost everything Empty
PostSubject: I got hacked and almost lost everything   I got hacked and almost lost everything Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 4:38 pm

I was chopping magic trees by myself (yay no bots) and two people came up to me. One was a player mod with the silver crown by their name. They were joking around about an 'evil bowl'. I thought they were friends being silly, as I often am with my friends. They asked me to take the 'evil bowl' off their hands. Because I was busy with pms and cc, I wasn't really thinking, so I agreed, going along, I thought, with their joke. They traded it to me, then ran off.

Well my inventory was soon full, so I went to the bank. Immediately, in the large chat area where NPCs will talk, was a message from Jagex informing me that someone had hacked my account and asked that the PIN be removed. No Because of my security settings, it would be removed in three days. I don't know if it was them, but it's a pretty strong coincidence. I am so grateful I had the PIN, or they would have just gone into my account.

Jagex recommended I immediately reset my password, which I did, to something very long with numbers and letters which would be hard to guess/hack. I also changed the time for a new PIN to set from 3 days to 7. I shudder to think what would have happened if I couldn't get to the game in 3 days. I almost never go 7 days without playing.

So maybe the player mod account had been hacked too, and I just trusted it without thinking. Or it was a player mod gone bad. So I'll never just accept anything from someone I don't know in-game for a long time, and recommend you don't either. I also suspect people will start chatting for a while and pretend to be a friend, and then offer.

I guess with bots being gone (again yay), scammers and thieving companies Suspect will start coming up with new and innovative ways to steal from legitimate hard working players like ourselves. So please tell your friends in game about this, and be careful out there yourselves.

To happy safe playing! sunny
Back to top Go down
mogypsy
Admin
mogypsy

Female Posts : 596

I got hacked and almost lost everything Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got hacked and almost lost everything   I got hacked and almost lost everything Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:34 am

I had something weird happen yesterday too. When i logged on I didnt really pay much attention cuz of all the updates and what not but it sure caught my attention when it all of a sudden took me to a page entitled "How to recover your account"
Fortunately nothing happened and my bank was fine but something weird is definitely going on. Shocked
Back to top Go down

I got hacked and almost lost everything
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragons Land :: Public Area :: Security-
Jump to: